A perfect summer cocktail
Enjoy all that summer has to offer with a lovely fruit + herb filled Gin Fizz
Make it a cocktail or a mocktail
This recipe shines with a clear spirit (Gin or Vodka will work), but it is also perfect as a refreshing mocktail...just omit your spirit of choice!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
This recipe makes 2 cocktails
- white sugar
- a handful of mint
- 10-12 berries of choice - we recommend what's the most in season!
- 1 lime
- 4 oz. of Gin or Vodka
- 8 oz. sparkling water
- pan for simple syrup
- muddler or spoon
- 2 glasses
3 EASY STEPS: SYRUP, MUDDLE + MIX
Step 1: Make the mint simple syrup
Make a quick simple syrup infused with mint:
- measure 1/2 c. of white sugar into a pan
- add 1/2 c. of water
- add 4-5 mint sprigs
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain mint (syrup will be a light green color).
Step 2: Muddle the Berries with lime juice
Time to smash up those beautiful berries! Here's what to do:
- add 5-6 berries to each glass: raspberries, blackberries, strawberries or blueberries (we used a mix of raspberries and blackberries)
- squeeze half of a lime into each glass
- using a muddler or spoon, smash the berries with the lime juice until desired consistency (we kept ours a little chunky to let the berries shine)
Step 3: Mix it up!
You're one step closer to a happy hour! A few final additions:
- add 3/4 oz. of your mint simple syrup to each glass
- add 2 oz. of Gin or Vodka to each glass (we used Gin and like the herbal quality it brings to this cocktail)
- add 4 oz. of sparkling water (for added punch, use a flavored water - we used lime)
- Gently stir and garnish with a small sprig of mint
Signup to hear more!
In addition to talking all things bags, we love sharing everyday tips to inspire your life as a whole. Sign up to hear more from us by receiving our monthly newsletter, Practical Distraction.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!