A New Thanksgiving Classic: the Cranberry Aperol Spritz
Yep, we think this might just be the perfect new Thanksgiving tradition. An easy, bright and fresh cocktail to kick off your Thanksgiving feast!
Cranberry Aperol Spritz
The Aperol Spritz is known for the perfect summer refreshing cocktail ... and this version ushers it right into the holiday season!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
This recipe makes 2 cocktails
- 2 oz. of cranberry simple syrup (recipe below)
- 4 oz. of Aperol
- 6 oz. sparkling wine (we like prosecco for this recipe)
- Splash of club soda
- Cranberries, rosemary + orange slices for garnish egranate seeds for garnish
CRANBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- optional flavor boosts for the simple syrup: 2 zested strips of orange, a cinnamon stick + 10 black peppercorns
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain solids from syrup. Let cool.
PRO TIP: Don't let the cranberries from making the simple syrup go to waste! Use them as your Thanksgiving side or as a nice addition to roasted chicken or pork.
- small sauce pan for syrup
- paring knife or peeler for zesting
- 2 glasses - large wine glasses or any glass that can accommodate +12 oz.
SYRUP, POUR, TOP + GARNISH
Step 1: Make the cranberry simple syrup
Step 2: Divide Cranberry Simple Syrup + Aperol into 2 glasses filled with ice
Step 3: Top each glass with 3 oz. with sparking wine and a splash of club soda
Step 4: Garnish with 4-5 cranberries, rosemary sprig, and slice of orange
Signup to hear more!
In addition to talking all things bags, we love sharing everyday tips to inspire your life as a whole. Sign up to hear more from us by receiving our monthly newsletter, Practical Distraction.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!