A perfect fall cocktail
This is the cozy-sweater of cocktails. A cinnamon and rosemary infused Old Fashioned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
This recipe makes 2 cocktails
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 5-7 sprigs of rosemary
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange
- 4 oz. of Bourbon
- bitters (we used Bittercube Bolivar Bitters, which contain chamomile, jasmine, cassia & ceylon cinnamon, prune, raisin, clove, gentian, orange peel). Link: Bittercube Bolivar Bitters
- small sauce pan for syrup
- paring knife
- 2 glasses
3 EASY STEPS: SYRUP, PEEL + POUR
Step 1: Make the cinnamon rosemary simple syrup
Make a quick refined-sugar free simple syrup infused with cinnamon and rosemary:
- measure 1/3 c of honey into a pan
- Measure 1/2 c of water into the same pan
- add rosemary sprigs
- add cinnamon sticks
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool. Remove the cinnamon sticks and rosemary sprigs.
Step 2: Peel an orange
- slice two thin, long strips of peel to use as a garnish
- twist them to give them a bit of a coiled look
Step 3: Pour it and put it all together!
- add ice to your glass
- pour 2 oz of Bourbon into each glass
- add 1 oz of cinnamon + rosemary simple syrup
- add half a dropper (or 4-5 drops) of bitters
- give the drink a stir
- add a fresh sprig of rosemary and your orange peel as a garnish
This recipe makes for a not too sweet Old Fashioned with some perfect-for-fall cinnamon, herb notes. If you’d prefer a more citrusy finish, swap the Bittercube Bolivar bitters for orange bitters.
Signup to hear more!
In addition to talking all things bags, we love sharing everyday tips to inspire your life as a whole. Sign up to hear more from us by receiving our monthly newsletter, Practical Distraction.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!